Pray

Prayer is critical to the Mission

Below are some thoughts on how you might pray today.


1. Praying with thanksgiving

Psalm 100:4‑5
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Prayer of thanksgiving takes the focus off of us and places it on God an His goodness. When we do this it is amazing how God begins to lift us up.

2. Praying with Confession

Psalm 139:23‑24 (David)
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Is there anything offensive in my life? Search me! Make me whole and clean. I give these things over to you.

3. Praying with listening
Psalm 37:7A
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him

Take a moment to be still before the Lord

4. Praying with requests

I John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

God loves us to ask for his help! It shows that we believe that He is the answer.

5. Praying with declaration

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Hold on to the promises God has given you. Do not let go!

Solomon understood this prayer

2 Chronicles 6:14‑20
He said: "O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth‑‑ you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. You have kept your promise to your servant David my father; with your mouth you have promised and with your hand you have fulfilled it‑‑ as it is today. "Now LORD, God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father the promises you made to him when you said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to sit before me on the throne of Israel, if only your sons are careful in all they do to walk before me according to my law, as you have done.' And now, O LORD, God of Israel, let your word that you promised your servant David come true. "But will God really dwell on earth with men? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! Yet give attention to your servant's prayer and his plea for mercy, O LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.


6. Praying in the Spirit

Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

When we do not know what to pray or how to pray...Let the inner most part of your heart cry to the inner depth of God. "As deep cries to deep" you will find strength, courage and power to walk through your day. Pray in the Spirit today.

No comments: